My life has never been boring. My work allows me to be who I am, capitalizes on my gifts, and provides me the flexibility to be with the kids. It’s a win-win.
I love to look at my to-do list. Today was a particularly busy day and I got all accomplished that I needed to. But today’s list, while probably not out of the norm, struck me in a way that it hasn’t before.
- worked on my upcoming sermon
- worked out the final details of next week’s missions trip
- had the best pedicure I’ve ever had in my life….at a fancy day spa that I normally can’t afford but had a gift card and a coupon… score!
- planned snack and crafts for the next four weeks of my summer program
- created social media graphics for an investment campaign
- made a list of the games we’ll be playing at Messy Olympics
- shopped for said games – which included buying every can of shaving cream the Dollar Store had (all 16 of them)
- finalized a social media campaign based on previous statistics and finished writing all the posts for the rest of the month
- sliced massive amounts of peaches with my buddy who dries the fruit and makes peach jelly…
- Caught Pokemon with my kids
Seriously. I did all that today. While I work a few jobs, most days I’m able to compartmentalize them so I’m not posting on the Investment Facebook page about the upcoming messy olympics… it’s a safety precaution, really. But with my exciting week next week of Thrity-One Conference and missions trip, I had to get all this done today… PLUS those peaches. I’ve been eyeing them in her kitchen for over a week and mentioned to her.. let me know when you’re ready to cut them.. I want to come help.
Because we sit and solve the world’s problems with peach juice everywhere… just like they did in the ol’ days. (And then she makes things like peach pit jelly and I have to really wonder how she and I became friends…)
On the days when I think my life is insanely boring, I want this to look at… I want to see this… that my life is what I’m making of it… that I’m doing what I love and what I’m good at…
That I’m being me….