I’m feeling random… and I can’t seem to think of a coherent, logical list of thirteen things for today, so how about 13 random things going on in my life this week?
I know. You’re so thrilled.
1. I ordered more Jamberry nails last night. Some cute Easter ones, ones for softball season and then some really pretty ones. Coming up with my nail schedule was the highlight of yesterday. It’s rather sad. On the flip side, I’m pretty excited about the Easter ones. I can’t wait for them to come and to be able to apply them. And when I ordered, I decided to have a party later this month. But really… tell me these aren’t the cutest?
2. Softball season starts April 1st and right now I have 9 signed up on my team. My team consists of 6-8 year olds and it is my favorite age to coach. They are so stinkin’ cute. So far, I have only two new players, but I’m just as excited about meeting them as I am coaching the returning players… and there are also a few that I’m going to miss since they are moving up.
3. I was asked by the gym teacher at the elementary school if I would come over and help with the roller skating unit the 3rd graders are doing in April. That means I get to go over for an hour and tie skates. It sounds wonderful, I know. But in reality? I just love to be around the kids… I don’t have a 3r grader, but I know many of them…
4. A head cold is not that bad of an illness, but it has landed me on my butt this week. In fact, I want to do nothing, and pretty much have done nothing but the bare minimum. Every time the hubs asks if he can do anything for me I simply respond with “cut off my nose.”
5. I am insanely jealous of the Northeast that got all that snow yesterday. We got about 2″ and it was gone by night fall.
6. I know that I use my iPhone too much when I try to tap the space bar twice on my lap top expecting a period to show up. That’s not how it works on the laptop.
7. Cheerleading tryouts means that Thing 2 has done nothing but cheer all.week.long. And the cheer routine for tryouts? Insanely inappropriate for a 13 year old girl. I’m trying to figure out how to handle that. I’m also insanely jealous that my 13 year old can move like that.
8. I need to print the pictures from the cruise so that I can get them in a scrapbook because I know that the longer I wait, the better chance I have of never getting it done. And I want to complete it.
9. On our snow days yesterday, we watched one movie. We mostly read, played games and cleaned the house. You would never know that we cleaned the house.
10. I’m currently into reading the Pretty Little Liars series. I just started book 8 and I’ve been reading for almost 2 weeks. I hate that I love them but now I have to know who A is. I’m told by my 13 year old (who read ahead) that I will find out this book. That means I can’t believe I’m blogging when I could be reading.
11. I was the pastor at church last Sunday. I did the whole service… the welcome, the leading of the songs, the sermon, the offering prayers, etc. Big girl church to the extreme. I’m so glad it’s over but it was something that I will remember for the rest of my life. I have a blog post brewing about it… once I process it a bit more. I have determined that I don’t want to be the senior pastor at a church.
12. I don’t follow fashion trends but I’ve noticed that print pants are in. I don’t know that I’m going to be able to stomach that. Maybe they will grow on me. Colored jeans did… you know, right about the time they are phasing out for the printed jeans. (Not that I’ve ever bought colored jeans.)
13. Random lists are probably harder to write than a clear, concise list. Fortunately, I completed the list with enough time to grab some more cold medis, get dressed and head to my shift at the Food Pantry. And then I can promise you, I’ll be right back here on the couch, probably reading and attempting to breathe through my nose unsuccessfully, until the kids get home from school.
… how about you? Have a list of 13? Link up here. and leave a comment for me!… I’ll return the comment!
Until next time…